Greater XPS depth Analysis using Two Different Energy X-rays, a hard and soft X-ray source at the same spot
Why HAXPES? HAXPES using Cr x-rays offers 3× greater depth of analysis compared to conventional XPS.
This state-of-the-art XPS instrument has a capability to analyze the very small area where the user is interested in and a large area of the uniform sample surface. The PHI Quantes is equipped with a dual scanning X-ray source composed of a hard X-ray source (Cr K?) and a conventional soft X-ray source (Al K?), which have different energy values. The two different types of X-ray sources can be switched automatically, allowing users to analyze the same area and/or points of a sample.
The PHI Quantes is an XPS instrument designed to pioneer new methods and applications transcending conventional ideas of what is possible with greater depth of analysis.
- Patented XPS/HAXPES Scanning Microprobe
- Greater Depth Analysis
- Expanded Photoelectron Cross Sections
- Patented Dual Beam Charge Neutralization
- Thin Film Analysis
- Integrated High Throughput Automation
- MultiPak Reduction Software
- Information Depth in Metall Alloy
- Information Depth in Polymer Films
- Multilayer Thin Film Analysis